Monday, September 2, 2013

Perfect Peace

    Yesterday I was reading a chapter in a book I was given after Sarah died.  The author stated, "Your baby is in perfect peace with God."  Well if you know me at all, you know that Isaiah 26:3 is a verse I have clung to many times before and since Sarah's death., "He will hold in perfect peace those whose mind is steadfast on you."   I have claimed this promise of perfect peace for myself and yet to realize that Sarah is being held in perfect peace comforted me. 
     Sarah Elisabeth does not know hurt.   She is not afraid.  There are no monsters to rob her of rest.  She is in perfect eternal peace.   I think God had to give me time to work through my grief before He could allow me to realize this amazing reality. 
     Heavenly Father, thank You for Your perfect peace.  Thank You for holding me in Your perfect peace and thank You for holding Sarah Elisabeth in perfect peace with you in Heaven.  I am so glad that she is in the arms of You, Dear Jesus safe and secure from all alarm.  Thank You that I can rest there as well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment